Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stars are Just People Too!

Ok, I admit it. I'm addicted to "social networking" sites. My two favorites are Twitter and Facebook.

Now, something awesome happened today on Facebook... I caught actor Kristoffer Cusick online, sent him a message, and he responded. This may not be a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but to me it means a lot because I saw him a couple years ago playing Fiyero in Wicked. This was in LA, at Broadway LA, and the cast there was PHENOMENAL! But Kris really caught my attention because his voice was so compelling. Hearing him sing was like hearing Michael Crawford when he played the Phantom back when I was a baby. There just aren't words to describe how deeply his voice moved me.

Anyways, today's chat with Kris was pretty short, but still awesome in that it was him I was talking to.

Here's what was said:

Me: Hey Kris! I'm a really huge fan, and I was wondering what kind of stuff you're working on right now.
Kris: just lots of auditions and such
Kris: we shall see what happens
Me: I was also wondering if you knew anything about the Wicked movie I keep hearing about
Me: b/c I'd LOVE to see you as Fiyero in that! You were so amazing in Wicked when I saw it out here in LA
Kris: wicked movie is years and years and years away
Kris: at least 5 if not 7 to 10
Me: Either way, good luck in everything! Hopefully I'll see you on Broadway someday!
Me: that's too bad. Wicked is one of the best shows I've seen in years!
Me: And I honestly believe that the LA cast I saw was better than the OBC
Kris: ah thanks
Me: MAN you and Eden were great together!
Me: and everyone else too...
Me: Any chance you may do a guest appearance on Glee?
Me: One last thing, Kris. My dad used to be a musician way back when Phantom was still playing in LA and Michael Crawford was the Phantom. I saw POTO several times live, and was always affected by Michael's singing. I feel the same when I listen to you via video on youtube, and I really wish the LA cast had recorded it's own Wicked soundtrack. You have such an amazing voice.
Kris: that is really sweet of you to say and to support so much
Me: I love Broadway... And talent like yours is hard to find in other forms of media


So yes, transcribed above is my totally awesome happiness for the day so far! *Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!*

No comments: