Monday, July 13, 2009

Random Thought of the Day...

Well, I was in my summer class (English 102) today, and we were discussing poetry and breaking down a few of Shakespeare's sonnets... I got bored, as the conversation REALLY wasn't very stimulating, and I started looking for my favorite sonnet, of which I had LONG forgotten the number...

To be quick, I found it, and just had to share it with you... So without further ado, the Bard's sonnet 21:

So is it not with me as with that Muse,
Stirred by a painted beauty to his verse,
Who heaven itself for ornament doth use
And every fair with his fair doth rehearse,
Making a couplement of proud compare
With sun and moon, with earth and sea's rich gems,
With April's first-born flowers, and all things rare,
That heaven's air in this huge rondure hems.
O! let me, true in love, but truly write,
And then believe me, my love is as fair
As any mother's child, though not so bright
As those gold candles fixed in heaven's air:
Let them say more that like of hearsay well;
I will not praise that purpose not to sell.


Any comments on one of my favorite poems would be greatly appreciated... And remember, I didn't write it, William Shakespeare, aka The Bard, wrote it! DAMN he was brilliant!

3 comments:

Ryu Desol said...

I LOVE SAHKESPEARE!!!!!!! I have a big book with all his work. Thanks for sharing :D

hey girl leave me some comments on my last two blogs when you read them! :D

Ryu Desol said...

hehehe i see you liked my blogs :D i wrote back to your comment on my blog :) add some more Shakespeare!!!! don't you hate when ppl dis him? grrr he was brillant!

Isis M. Nocturne said...

Apparently, I accidentally posted my 2nd comment on the 3rd post from the top instead of the 2nd from the top... LOL, my bad...

Yes, I too love Shakespeare! Taming of the Shrew is my favorite play!

And yes, he was brilliant, and it's very irritating when people dis him!