Sunday, December 6, 2009

What I Did This Weekend

This weekend on Twitter and Facebook, some serious digital fundraising was going on. HBO told fans of True Blood that if they donated 500,000 "drops of blood" on Twitter by today, December 6, they would donate $10,000 to the Red Cross.

Well, slowly but surely at first, before picking up steam, we True Blood fans did it! Our reward (besides HBO giving the money to the Red Cross)? We got Bitten or Kissed by some of our favorite characters on True Blood! Originally, there were only six, and they were Eric Northman, Sookie Stackhouse, Bill Compton, Jessica Hamby, Pam, and Jason Stackhouse. However, in the later hours of today, both Lafayette and Sam Merlotte joined in on the fun.

As for me? Well, I lost count of the number of times I personally donated drops of blood, but I do know that I was bitten and kissed by everyone EXCEPT Bill and Jessica. *shrug* No big deal, as they were busy along with everyone else in dishing out as much love as they could!

So, in closing, it felt really great to be a part of this, and I'm so glad we were able to reach our goal and get HBO to give money to a worthy cause like the Red Cross! It feels really good to be a part of something larger than myself!

1 comment:

Wendy Harman said...

This is Wendy from the American Red Cross. Thanks for your support!