Thursday, July 18, 2013

Comic-Con 2013: Preview Night Edition

July 17, 2013 was the beginning of Comic-Con for me this year. That was Preview Night, and it was quite a ride.

My Wednesday began with me rushing around to finish packing for my drive to San Diego, and then onto the San Diego airport to pick up my friend and roommate for this year's convention. Once she was retrieved, we stopped at our hotel and tried to check in, only to discover that our hotel wasn't ready for us to check in, so we hung out for a bit before deciding to go to the convention center to pick up our badges and prep for going shopping for a couple of this year's exclusive items.

After getting our badges taken care of, my friend and I spent the next three-ish hours sitting on our butts, waiting for the exhibition floor to open. It was painful and uncomfortable, but we survived without serious injury.

In the half hour prior to the floor opening, everyone waiting to get in had to stand up, and it was probably a slightly dangerous situation, as people tried to rush the door to get in first. Eventually, though, we all made it in and dashed off to whatever booths held the exclusives we wanted.

I chose to head to the Mattel booth to pick up a few of the exclusive Monster High dolls that were available this year, as well as a small gift for a friend. By the time I was done with that, my roommate and I were exhausted and took a cab back to our hotel. From there, we checked in, then brought our bags up to our room and promptly collapsed, exhausted. Though we didn't do much, it was a REALLY long day, and we were both looking forward to seeing panels the next day.

No comments: