Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Darren Hayes' Roxy Concert

I know that this happened almost a year ago, but as I want to keep this as fresh in my mind as I could. So, this is all about a concert I attended at the Roxy in Hollywood on June 22, 2007.

Here goes.

I got home from the concert around 11:45 last night. It was soooo incredible!!! I was taken by my (now ex)-surrogate older brother, David, who likes Darren as well. He took me out to dinner first, then drove us down to Hollywood, where we stood in line waiting for about an hour before getting in.

The concert started late, around 8:30pm, instead of 8:15, so it wasn't bad, I guess. First was the opener who was only known as Julien, who sang only 3 songs, then retired for the night. He sang a capella with only a guitar.

The second opener was this band from England, called Temposhark. I really liked the way they sounded, and they did a great cover or two, along with some incredible songs of their own. I ended up purchasing their debut CD for $10, and getting it signed by two of the band's members. I also got a hug from the lead singer, Rob, and a hug and kiss from the other member who signed the CD, Luke. It was awesome, and I look forward to more stuff from them.

Finally, there was about a 20 min. break between them and Darren, but it was totally worth it. He played the audience incredibly, and we (the audience) responded very enthusiastically.

Darren sang a couple of old Savage Garden songs (Carry On Dancing, I Don't Know You Anymore, & I Want You), then did one from Spin (Insatiable), did a couple from The Tension and The Spark (I Like the Way, Pop!ular, Unlovable, & Void), and also performed some new stuff, including Step into the Light, Who Would Have Thought?, How to Build a Time Machine, On the Verge of Something Wonderful, A Fear of Falling Under, and a couple more I can't remember. He also covered Prince's Baby I'm a Star.

How incredible... The only thing that could have made it better would have been if we weren't kicked out immediately, and if he'd come out to sign autographs. Oh well. *shrug* I'll take what I can get, until the album comes out at least.

No comments: