Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Brilliant Idea

Ok, many people know that I'm a hardcore Kenyon Minion.

And for those of you who don't know what that means, I'll explain. A Kenyon Minion is a fan of the incredible Sherrilyn Kenyon, author of many series including the Dark-Hunter® Series, which is a preternatural series that deals with vampires, gods and goddesses, were-creatures, and all sorts of other stuff - I'd say more, but I'd give so much detail that you might just go insane! LOL

Anyways, I have a brilliant idea! As such a hardcore Minion, I am one of many who want a tv show or movies about my favorite characters, especially in this time, when vampires are so popular - See the awesome True Blood, the defunct Moonlight, and the highly overrated Twilight (random rant: Twilight is horrible and badly written! Get better stuff to read! Bella is a lame lead! The vampires in the series are even lamer!) end of random rant). As I was saying, it's time for the Dark-Hunters to get their own series, especially since the Anita Blake series is getting one now too.

So, my brilliant idea:

MINIONS, it's time to CAMPAIGN FOR A DARK-HUNTER SHOW! We have to show the industry what we want! My idea is to start a letter writing/email/etc. campaign to Seed Productions, which is owned by Hugh Jackman, Deborra-lee Furness, and John Palermo. As their last show failed miserably, what better way for them to get over it by producing a tv show with a pretty much guaranteed audience? Plus, in that set of three, we know that there's some serious talent! Hugh is, as I'm sure we all know, one of very few legitimate triple threats in the current entertainment industry. (Triple threat = singer, dancer, actor.) However, most people (read: Americans) don't know about his amazing wife, Deborra-lee Furness. She is another incredible actor, but she has also directed before (Deb wrote and directed a short film called Standing Room Only, which is available on DVD).

Now, knowing that the Dark-Hunter series is written by a woman, I think the best idea is to have a woman direct the show. I think a Minion campaign to get a Dark-Hunter show HAS to have it written into the movement that a woman direct the series, since it is my firm belief that a woman will be able to better grasp some of the more subtle nuances of the series. It is also my firm belief that Deborra-lee Furness is just the woman for the job.


Something needs to be done for the fans of Dark-Hunters! We, as much as any other group out there, DESERVE our brave heros like Acheron, Savitar, Zarek, Kyrian, Valerius, Vane, etc brought to life on the "small" screen. However, to get what we want, we have to reach for the dream first, by actively searching for a way to accomplish it.

Please join me if you want a Dark-Hunter tv series as much as I do!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes,Yes, and hell yes ! I totally agree with you where do I sign.

Unknown said...

Yes, Yes, and hell yes where do i electronicallly sign the petition. A TV series is what we need, now just have to figure out who to play whom