Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weird Dream...

I had the weirdest dream earlier this morning... And I know it was morning because I was awake from 4am to approximately 5am. Then I got another hour and a half of sleep. My dream took place at that point in time...


In this dream, I was somehow in the White House under the current administration. I got down to an area that was outside, and hosted children's toys (like one of those plastic playhouses) in a fenced off area, and a couple of benches to sit on. I sat down, and was enjoying the peace when Sasha Obama came outside. We had a small conversation, and at the end of it, I requested a hug (I really like hugs and I think they're very therapeutic), which Sasha gave me. As she skipped back inside, two secret service agents came out. One was a very tall man, with a sort of shaggy haircut (and very dark hair), and the other a slender blonde woman of average height. They asked me questions about my future career and plans, and I remember responding about how I dreamed of being a professional writer, and that's all I've ever really wanted. As more and more questions were directed my way, all I remember is answering each honestly, and really trying hard to impress the man and woman interviewing me.

As the questions wrapped up the two agents sat down on the bench I was still sitting on (one on each side of me), and another woman (this one a brunette with bronze highlights) came out and asked more questions, but these sounded like they were for an interview! I'm not sure what the position was, but I recall her having a clipboard in her hands, writing comments about what I said, and flipping the pages of what looked like a resume.

Then, I noticed the dogs. There were two dogs, a large golden retriever or golden lab, and a VERY large mutt (after waking up, I honestly thought it was a demon dog). The golden retriever liked me instantly, and licked my hand several times as I petted his head. The other dog, however, was pretty evil. That dog growled at me and had to be restrained. I remember that I stood up as the dogs came near me, and I closed my eyes as the mutt growled at me. I felt no fear, but even as his razor sharp teeth dug into the first layer of my skin (he'd caught the top knuckle of my middle finger of my right hand, but only the top side, so my finger was not in his mouth), I stood still, eyes closed, and gently petted the top of his head.

I was still being interviewed as I dealt with the dogs, and while answering a question about how much I liked dealing with children, my alarm clock went off and I woke up.

Weirder still, I was sleeping on my side, which is something I never do, and I had the pillow I sleep with settled behind me as though it were another person in the bed. I swear I could feel very warm arms wrapped around me!

How odd is that dream and the aftermath?

1 comment:

nikkibelle said...

strange dreams for the win, they can provide entertainment all day long...the part with the dog biting you is kind of creepy though...