Thursday, June 25, 2009

Death Still Comes in Threes...

Today has been shockingly depressing. Yesterday has also been pretty bad. We've lost three American icons in a very short amount of time. First, Ed McMahon. Then Farrah Fawcett this morning, followed by Michael Jackson this afternoon. I don't think I'll be forgetting this day anytime soon.

I was not alive when these stars all were in the prime of their fame. I was born in 1989, so I came into a world that already knew and loved Ed, Farrah, and Michael. However, I did grow up in a house where Michael was a huge influence because my mom was a large fan of his. I remember learning the dance to Thriller when I was little. Same goes for Beat It. I knew of Ed because my mom and dad were always going "Heeeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeeeee's Johnny!" Farrah, on the other hand, I learned about by watching entertainment television - She was always shown in that famous bathing suit, and also for being one of Charlie's "Angels."

And as for Michael... Well, there's so much I can say, but it's really hard. I grew up listening to some of Michael's greater hits, Thriller being my very favorite. I could always hear how much Michael loved music through his songs. That vibrancy was just there, and it never left in any of the stuff I heard from him! I'm really going to miss that, as I can think of NO other artist on Michael's level. He was a genius. RIP, Michael! We'll all miss you!


Really, the RIP just goes to everyone, as this is just so depressing and horrifying. At least with Farrah, I can be somewhat certain that she's happier now, wherever she may be, and out of pain. Same goes for Ed. For Michael, however, questions will always remain.

No comments: