Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Dreamed A Dream...

I just woke up, and I remember having the most awesome dream last night!

In it, my home was part of some sort of hotel, and Hugh Jackman and his awesome wife Deborrah-lee Furness were staying there! I'm not entirely sure of all the details, but somehow I knew they were there, and I actively searched them both out.

I found Deborrah-lee first. I called her over, and I started telling her about how big a fan I was of both hers and Hugh's. She responded very politely, and we discussed some of her work. I remember directly telling her how much I loved her short film "Standing Room Only" and her shock when she realized I'd seen it, as well as a large grin on her face when I blushed, looked down and mumbled that I'd seen almost everything Hugh had ever done.

Right before my conversation with Deborrah-lee ended, she sat down on the side of my bed (somehow we were in my room), leaned over me, then kissed my forehead. It was a motherly gesture, and a very comforting and much appreciated one.

Well, now that I'd found her and KNEW she was there, I figured Hugh had to be there as well, so I stared searching for him. At first, I didn't find him. It was highly disappointing, and reminded me of a conversation I held with a friend a long time ago about how if you see one celebrity you like, you're probably not gonna see another one unless you're on a movie or film set or something.

However, that happily did not turn out to be the case in my dream. Instead, I heard him talking with someone, so I ran in the direction of his voice. He was in another room, the door wide open. I knocked on it and was given permission to enter.

From there, a very long, wonderful conversation was started. It began with me introducing myself, and telling Hugh was a huge fan of his I was. He smiled back and told me how nice it was to have fans like me. All the basic polite chitchat led to us discussing characters he'd played, what he thought of them, etc. The part I remember most from the conversation that was in the room was me asking him about Wolverine as he was in X-Men and X2: X-Men United, and the relationship with Rogue. I specifically asked him how Wolverine REALLY felt about Rogue, and his response, as I remember it was:

"I think Wolverine loves Rogue. She's the first character within the movie series to make him feel like he's worth something, not just a loner and brawler. He actively checks up on her in the first film, worried about the companion who in only a few moments made him care about someone besides himself. After all, remember how desperate Logan was to save Rogue at the Statue of Liberty..."

I ended up cutting Hugh's comment off to ask him what he thought about a Wolverine/Rogue relationship that included being a couple. Hugh made a comment about liking the idea, and thinking it would be cool to work with Anna Paquin again, but I don't remember anything else from his response.

Then, Hugh turned the conversation around on me, and started asking me questions about my goals, what I wanted to accomplish, etc. I remember specifically telling him that my major goal in life was to become an Oscar-winning Screenwriter and Director, and someday a mother.

Hugh responded by telling me a highly clichéd line: "Don't give up on your goals, and someday you'll get there."

I think I raised my eyebrow at him before continuing my response about how I'd love to have him in a movie of mine someday, possibly playing a young grandfather or a father with 20-something kids and teenagers. This ended up with Hugh giving me a giant bear hug! (And boy did that feel great!)

All during this time, Hugh and I were walking along, and somehow we ended up on a train together, still talking, with Deborra-lee a few rows behind us, rolling her eyes at our conversation and laughing lightly.

The conversation on the train turned towards Hugh once more. I asked him about the lunch he had with Miley Cyrus about some movie that they were supposed to costar in. I asked Hugh why he would risk his career like that.

I didn't get a response about the career risk, but I did get a response about the Miley issue. Hugh said that it had only been an idea, and he wasn't going to do the movie with her (and then grinned as I sighed in relief).

Unfortunately, I don't remember any more of the conversation I held with Hugh, but I remember that my stop on the train had come up, and Hugh and Deborra-lee BOTH hugged me goodbye and said that they hoped to see me around New York again, which means that I must have been somewhere in New York, though I don't know exactly where. (The area around me was completely new to me, even though I've been to New York many times before...)

The last thing I remember from my dream is seeing Hugh and Deborra-lee waving to me from the train as it continued on its way out of the station.




Quite the interesting dream, huh? I wonder what it means for me in the long run, as I believe dreams have deeper meanings than just what we see and remember in them. Of course, that's nothing to say of the frustration when I woke up and realized my dream wasn't real... Let me know what you think of this! I'd love to hear some opinions on the meanings of the dream!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Dang! That's some detailed dream! And a nice one at that ;) I can never remember that many details from my dreams. EVER.

SolarSoda said...

I really enjoyed reading this! I love that you included so much detail in your post here - made me feel like I was there, and where Hugh Jackman is concerned, being where he is = WIN! :-)

One thing that stands out to me about your dream, unless I'm reading it wrong: it sounds like there was nothing really unusual about it except mainly the abrupt changes in location, almost like you teleported between places. Other than that, Hugh Jackman looked normal, and the rooms you were in looked normal, and pretty much everything else was just ... normal! Unlike many dreams where rooms might seem as large as football stadiums, or people's heads will appear unusually large, unusually hairy, strange colors, etc.

I had a dream like that myself, except it didn't involve a big celebrity, it was a co-worker. The whole dream was pretty dang normal, except the part where said handsome co-worker kissed me (I sincerely hope none of my co-workers reads this, otherwise they will never leave me alone until I 'fess up who it is!)

Reason I share this with you: after having that dream I spent a fair amount of time wondering what it all meant myself!!! I had no interactions with that person, nor was I even particularly thinking about him in the days leading up to that dream. I'm not supposed to think about him - he and I are both married, and not to each other! I thought he was kinda cute, but I really didn't think about him much unless I was dealing directly with him. Then seemingly out of nowhere I have a dream where he kisses me??? If I wasn't thinking about him all that much BEFORE having the dream ... then where the hell did it come from???

Yeah, that definitely got me thinking, and thinking hard about what it all meant. I scrutinized that poor guy at work wondering if maybe there was some connection he and I had beyond simply being co-workers. He was not in my department; but believe me I made excuses to go talk to him! I was looking at him with new eyes. Poor guy! LOL!! I wasn't stalking him, but I did become a little obsessed - egad, I can't believe I'm admitting to this somewhere on the interwebs...

But just like your dream, the most unusual thing about it, aside from the kiss, was that everything seemed so normal for a dream! I never told anyone other than my best friend and one other friend I totally trust about that dream, and about how it made me feel afterwards. Lots of eye rolling in my direction from them, let me tell you! Hee hee hee ... I sure did think about him a lot after that. *sigh* It was a really nice kiss. *grins*

That was almost a year ago when that happened. Although I could swear he treated me friendlier I can't say it was because of the dream. Probably more like because of the way I got all flirty around him, LOL!!! Probably also a little wishful thinking on my part too, heh. Otherwise nothing really came of it. There were a couple of times when he seemed like maybe he thought of me the way I was thinking of him, but ... highly doubtful, considering nothing came of it.

Anyway ... your dream was a very nice dream. Sorta wish I'd had it! Hee hee :)