Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The News of the Day

Today is a pretty big day for a couple of reasons. First, it's my mom's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I LOVE YOU! Second, two of my favorite celebrities got engaged!

A little info about my mom's birthday... It's pretty hard to shop for her, since she really likes jewelry, but has rings for every finger (except a pinky ring or two), TONS of necklaces, earrings, etc... And she's a rather discriminate tv viewer that really doesn't believe in buying tv shows on DVD (the only exceptions being Animaniacs and Rocky & Bullwinkle).

So, this year, my even more discriminate father asked me and my little sister what we thought our mom wanted. I immediately piped up with "A Wii and Wii Fit!" My sister countered, saying she hadn't heard mom talk about it in a while. However, I pushed and pushed on this until my dad and I went to Costco a little later. There he sighed and gave in, grabbing a Wii and Wii Fit for my mom, though he still questioned my motives for wanting it. I won't lie; I do want those as well, because I REALLY like Wii Sports, and my sister and mom like yoga and want the Wii Fit for it...

Basically, this is a HUGE deal in my household because my family has been intensely anti-gaming systems for as long as I can remember. So, I'm still not sure how it happened, buy my mom got the surprise of her life in getting the Wii and Wii Fit from us as a present, and we're already taking advantage of it! I'm so glad that my mom loves her new toy MORE than I do!





As for the second bit of news....


CONGRATULATIONS TO ANNA PAQUIN AND STEPHEN MOYER! News is, they've gotten engaged for real! After the previous hoax, I'd had my doubts, but since it's now been said on the news... I'm gonna believe it to be true!

After meeting Anna and Steve at Comic-Con, even though it was a very quick thing (since it was at the True Blood signing), I really believe they're in love. Both Anna and Stephen looked at each other and just GLOWED when they were signing items and talking to fans! Plus, it seemed to me that they were being rather "touchy-feely" behind the privacy of the signing area. (Let's just say it wouldn't surprise me if they were playing "Footsies" with each other out of view of the fans and everyone!)

I'm gonna guess that this is a real relationship, and that it's gonna last. For me, as a fan of both, I just want the two to be happy, just like how I feel about my friends and family.

So, *raises imaginary glass of wine* Congratulations and Good Luck to you both, Anna and Steve! May your lives together continue to be showered with love and happiness and respect for each other and TONS of passion!

And again to my mom, Happy Birthday, and I love you!

No comments: