Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Quintessential Teen Angsty Rant (While I'm Still An "Official" Teenager)

Just shoot me already. Seriously...

Bad day doesn't BEGIN to cover it....


First, yesterday, my beloved laptop Simi gave out on me. Now, for those of you who think that means that my computer is dead, think again. What I mean is that the ac charger connector in the laptop is kaput. Dead. And with a clunky old battery like mine that has very little power and doesn't store charges well, that means that my laptop is unavailable to me, unless I shell out a LOT of money to get it fixed or save up enough to go buy another computer.

Here's where the big problem begins, though. I injured my hand in a stupid incident last January, as in 2008, and it screwed up the muscles in my right hand, so that it hurts to write consistently. Well, I'm in college, and many of the teachers at my school think it's just GREAT to have quizzes and tests that are completely handwritten. I can't get exemption from those - and I've tried to get such teachers to let my type my quizzes and tests to no avail. So, that leaves me with issues with note taking as well. I type all the notes I take in classes. Without a computer to take notes on, I'm pretty much up shit creek without a paddle.

On to the rest of the story - I spoke with dad via webcam, and we argued over how to either fix my computer or get a new one. He wants me to find a job in this economy - NOT gonna happen, unless you can work full time and have a college degree - I have neither... STUDENT = current job! Seriously, I really need to have a laptop available to me, and he won't let me use my college money to pay for it, even though it'd be for school.

Soooooo, if anyone has any suggestions to help me find a way to fund a new computer purchase, I'd be delighted to hear it.... If you have a part time job offer with flexible hours, that'd be great too, so long as it's in Santa Clarita...

No comments: