Saturday, February 7, 2009

Being Sick Sucks!

True story, and I'm writing this as the last of my brain cells give up on me...

Ok, last Saturday, I'd been feeling pretty under the weather... You know, the full body ache, the head that's too big for your body, sinuses that are completely CONSUMED by the pressure building on them... Yeah, all that and more. So, I do the smart thing. I go to the doctor. Well, that's great, right? WRONG! The doctor I go to does a quick check, then says that what I have could either be viral or bacterial, and if I don't feel better in a couple of days, here's a prescription to fill... Well, the prescription... Uh, how do I put this nicely? I'm IMMUNE to the damned medicine! So...

I still feel sick on Thursday, so I go back to the doctor again... And by now, I just wanna DIE I feel so horrible. I'd woken up that morning at 2 FREAKIN' AM, with a throat so sore that I couldn't swallow... The doctor I see is one who I usually have a better time with... And he again tells me that there's not much he can do, but he offers to give me a shot of some medical steroid to help me get on my feet, along with some horse-pill prescription to go with it... And me, sick as I am, accept the offer, even though I HATE shots... Well, a nurse is brought in for the shot, and guess what? It's a booster shot... So now I have to do the "lower the pants and show nothing off" game so that I can feel better...

Somehow, I succeed and win the game, hell, I didn't even notice getting the shot, and in a few minutes, I'm already feeling TONS better! Great, right? WRONG! I wake up again Friday, and my throat is still sore, but not nearly as bad. However, I've basically lost my entire voice, which I had had at the doctor's the day before...

Now, I was supposed to have plans Friday night. However, they fell through since I didn't feel like going out, especially since it was RAINING IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA and my throat hurt like the dickens... So I somehow managed to choke down the horse-pill I need to take to go with that shot I got... And I somehow let myself think that if I go to bed early, I'll be soooo much better in the morning...

NOT SO FAST! Oh no... I wake up at 7:30 this morning, throat still sore, less voice than before, and other than an achy head and stuffed sinuses and sore throat/lost voice, I'm great! So now, though, I realize that the cough that I've had (you all know that infamous "seal bark" that people have when they're really sick, right?) seems to have moved INTO my chest, since I'm now wheezing as I cough. I've also realized that the only thing that makes my throat feel better is either VERY cold string cheese or very hot tea...

How much fun is that? *sarcastic* It's absolutely NOT! Plus, when I cough, I can totally taste the sick when I cough - GROSS! Anyone know how to get over this heinous thing? I have school starting on Monday, and it's a whole new semester! I have to be there! ARGH!

No comments: