Sunday, February 1, 2009

What I've Completed Today...

Today was yet another busy day in my life. I discovered that a beloved elementary school teacher has moved from CA to TN (near Nashville, I'm told), to continue to raise the dogs he rescues, I made 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies for my class for tomorrow's potluck, I finally took pics of my Akri Erin's awesome finished scarf (technically finished yesterday night, just before midnight), and finished Akri's wife's scarf as well (it also looks awesome!). Plus, there was also the Stupor Bowl... Yes, I watched, groaned at the commercials, and tried to ignore my mother's squees during Bruce Springsteen's half-time performance. Either way, in all honesty, it was kind of boring, since I'm not a sports fan, and I just don't get the point of American Football.

However, I did catch a few mins. of my fav. ghost-hunting shows, 'Ghost Hunters' and 'Ghost Hunters International,' which both showed some spooky findings... Oh so cool! Other than that, I've discovered the secret to perfect (well, in my opinion anyway) Chocolate Chip Cookies. However, I'm not sharing that information, because I want to be able to sell them and have people wonder at what I do to make them so yummy!

Here's pics of the outcome of my cookie making:





As for scarves #9 & #10, those are now going to be packed up and mailed out to their owners....

This one is for Akri Erin (colors used are Caron Simply Soft® Emerald, Navy Blue, and Red):




And for Akri's wife, who I'd love to meet some day... (colors used are Caron Simply Soft® Black and Purple, with Lion Brand Micro-Spun Yarn® in Blue):

1 comment:

JaimeG said...

oh wow the cookies look great!!! so do the scarves!!!!! You rock!!