Monday, September 7, 2009

And New Dreams Keep Coming...

Once again, I woke up from a nice dream and remembered it. This one is particularly special to me because it involved my grandmother, who passed away last December.


In the dream, it was the holiday season, and I believe it was Hanukkah (though Christmas may have been going on at the same time)... Either way, it was the holiday season and some random member of my extended family was having his Bar Mitzvah. I barely remember sitting through the service, but after it was over, everyone got out of the temple service room, then went outside to another area, then up the stairs to the second floor of another building.

Once there, my entire family started exchanging gifts. The weird part was that I really didn't recognize some of them... And I at least recognize my family for the most part, even if sometimes I can't remember all my cousins' names...

However, the weirdest part was my uncle giving both myself and my little sister a present, saying it was from my grandmother, and she'd want me to have it. I turned the envelope he handed me over so I could see what was written on the front. I instinctively noticed that the writing was NOT my grandmother's (even in my dream I knew that she was non longer with us), but after looking at it, my sister, who had been on my right side moved, showing another person in my peripheral vision. I ignored that person for a moment, turned the envelope back over, and opened it. As I did, the person in my peripheral vision stepped closer to me. I stopped pulling the card out of the envelope, and turned to that person.

It was my grandmother. I instantly lunged over to her and gave her a giant hug, which she immediately returned. I can't even describe how great it was, or how comforted I felt. I also told my grandmother that I missed her, and she responded in kind, before telling me to open the card, and I deserved everything that was inside.

I did as she asked, and inside the card was a bit of money, which is a great thing because I really am cash-strapped in real life right now.

Soon after that, I woke up again, feeling unrefreshed, and missing my grandmother, but at the same time I felt comforted, and I knew that she had really been there, telling me that she loves me and is still watching out for me.

At the very least, I'm going to continue to believe that, because I know that were she still with me on this plane, that's exactly what she'd be doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that it was a happy one and not a horrible one. Grandma will always be watching out and listening to you. I believe that she just wanted to check in with you to make sure that you're okay.